GP Negligence Claims
Failing To Act On The Results Of Investigations
You do not expect your GP to let you down, so when he or she does, naturally it may take you some time to decide to take further action. However, if your GP carried out investigations and failed to act on the results, leading to a deterioration in your conditions, you may well be able to claim medical negligence compensation.
Performing And Acting On Investigations
If during the history and examination stages of a problem, your GP is alerted to potential problems but fails to act on them, this may provide the bases for a medical negligence claim. Examples of when failing to act on results might lead to a medical negligence claim include:
- Results of a scan or X-Ray showing further examination is required, but the GP missing the problem.
- A patient complaining of pains which may indicate breast cancer or prostate cancer, and the GP failing to refer the patient for a second opinion.
- A patient complaining of pain and severe weight loss after a foreign holiday. The doctor might dismiss the patient as having a holiday bug, when in fact she might have TB and an abscess.
- A patient complaining of pains which indicate a disease or other non-cancerous illness yet failing to take action or refer the patient.
- Failure by the GP to spot a problem on examination.
- Failure by the GP to examine the patient when symptoms suggested an examination was necessary.
These are just a few examples, but if you have any concerns about the care received from your GP, please contact us using the details below. We will gladly provide you with our specialist opinion, free of charge and without obligation to proceed.
Costs & How We Can Help You
We are always happy to speak to you early after the event to explore the circumstances of your GP negligence and to advise you of your options. We act for clients throughout England and Wales, if we cannot help you we will make no charge for our time. If we can help you to make a claim for compensation, you will benefit from the following funding options:
- Conditional Fees ("no win, no fee")
- Legal Expenses Insurance
- Private Funding
- Structured Payment Plans
Let Us Help You Now
Early legal intervention can be vital so please contact us if you think you may have a claim. All initial enquiries are completely free of charge and without obligation.
Please call us free on 0800 234 3300 or complete our Online Enquiry Form.
"Before we contacted you we had no real idea that we had grounds for a medical negligence claim but after speaking to you if became clear that Wendy was indeed treated poorly. Chris took the time to explain what was happening and kept us to speed. Our deepest gratitude to you all and Chris in particular."
"I would like to say a big thank you to you for making this whole process easy and relatively painless. You kept me informed throughout and you were always polite and courteous in all forms of communication. I would not hesitate to recommend you to friends and family, so a really big thank you and I wish you all the best in the future."